Juan E. Serralles, IV
Download PDF version of bio
355 Alhambra Circle
Coral Gables, Florida 33134
Phone: (786) 364-8400
Fax: (786) 364-8401
Mr. Serralles is an equity partner and the Managing Partner of the firm’s Miami office. His practice focuses on corporate, joint ventures, international business transactions, merges and acquisitions, and real estate. His diverse practice is heavily concentrated in representing clients in cross border transactions throughout Latin America. He graduated with a B.A. from the University of Miami in 1985. In 1988, he received his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law. He is admitted to practice in Florida.
Prior to joining Fowler Rodriguez, Mr. Serralles was with Steel Hector & Davis LLP, 2000-2005; Gunster, Yoakley, Valdes-Fauli & Stewart, P.A., 1995-00; and Mershon, Sawyer, Johnston, Dunwody & Cole, 1988-95.
Mr. Serralles has worked extensively on a variety of cross border and international transactions throughout Central/South America and the Caribbean. Such practice has consisted of a wide range of business transactions including, but not limited to, structuring and negotiating international privatization deals, joint venture arrangements, energy and infrastructure development deals, as well as mergers and acquisitions.
- Joint Ventures. Represented El Salvador’s brewing and sparkling beverage company (the country’s sole brewer, local Coca-Cola and bottled water bottler, as well as the then largest packaging company in Central America) owned by a prominent local family consortium in negotiating and creating a joint venture with the world’s second largest brewer by volume. The joint venture became the leading brewer and soft drink bottler in Central America with a total enterprise value in excess of US $1.1 Billion.
- Represented a London based client which is a global merchant and distributor of agricultural commodities in creating a joint venture to refine, package, distribute and sell sugar from facilities operated by the joint venture entity located in the United States.
- Represented a hotel developer and franchisee operator in joint ventures to acquire and develop three (to date) hotels in Southern Florida.
Privatization/Hotel Resort. Represented the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico in privatizing all government owned hotels on the Caribbean island. Such representation covered over a dozen hotels in sales which exceeded US$1 Billion and negotiations with resort developers to add in excess of 5,000 rooms to Puerto Rico’s hotel inventory.
- Power/Energy. Negotiated and structured a joint venture entity consisting of Guatemalan/El Salvadorian construction and engineering enterprises. Mr. Serralles represented the Joint Venture in negotiating with a Fortune 500 electrical power company for the removal, re-engineering, procurement, and refurbishment of an 83 Megawatt Power Plant originally located in the State of North Carolina. Such deal included the transportation of such power facility to, and its reconstruction in, Las Palmas, Guatemala. Mr. Serralles has also negotiated Engineering, Procurement and Construction Agreements for hydroelectric power facilities in Central America.
- Aeronautical. Mr. Serralles represents a multi-jurisdictional Latin American aircraft company in the commercialization, modification, co-production, maintenance and logistical support of freighter, passenger and multi-purpose aircraft throughout the Latin American region.
Mr. Serralles’ community involvement includes: Easter Seal Society of Dade County, Inc.; City of Miami Co-Designation Committee, Chairman, 1983; Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce; Leadership Miami; Daily Bread Food Bank, Advisory Board member, 1993; City of Miami Health Facilities Authority, Vice Chairman, 1989-92; Bay Point Property Owners Association, Vice President 2004-2006, President March 2007-present; WPBT - Channel 2, Board of Directors, from 2002-2005.
- Corporate, International Business Transaction
- Real Estate
- Cross border transactions throughout Latin America
Bars & Courts:
- B.A., University of Miami, 1985
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1988
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- AV Peer rated by Martindale-Hubbell