William R. Boeringer
Download PDF version of bio
355 Alhambra Circle
Coral Gables, Florida 33134
Phone: (786) 364-8400
Direct: (305) 779-8331
Fax: (786) 364-8401
William Boeringer is a partner in the Fowler Rodriguez Miami office. He focuses his practice in admiralty and maritime law, including insured and non-insured matters. He handles personal injury matters for the industry and has defended claims by passengers and crew on commercial and recreational vessels, longshoremen, repairers, and shoreside workers. He also handles property damage and loss, including hull losses, collisions and allisions, as well as various marine commercial matters, including charter party and other contractual disputes, salvage, cargo claims, and insurance coverage issues.
He also handles general commercial and litigation issues for clients, and drafting bills of lading, charter parties, agency agreements, passenger contracts, employment contracts, and other commercial agreements. He has litigated and supervised litigation outside the State of Florida; in the United States, the Caribbean, and Latin America.
His clients include insurers, corporations, and individuals in or related to the maritime industry. He represents domestic and foreign insurers, hull and machinery underwriters, protection and indemnity clubs, fixed premium facilities, charterers liability insurers, cargo insurers, yacht underwriters, and marine operators/ship repairers insurers. He has represented ship owners, ship operators, ship managers, charterers, marinas, ship repair yards, terminal operators, recovery agents, and overseas law firms.
- The Florida Bar, 1982
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- Frankling & Marshall College, B.A., 1979
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1982; Lead Articles Editor, The University of Toledo Law Review (1981-1982)
Professional Associations and Organizations:
- The Florida Bar (Admiralty Law Committee)
- Miami-Dade County Bar; Federal Bar
- The American Bar Association
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (Director 2004-2005)
- Maritime Law Association of the United States (Carriage of Goods Committee; Marine Insurance and General Average Committee; Recreational Boating Committee)
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Mr. Boeringer has lectured to various groups, including, MLA Committees, claims organizations, and underwriters on insurance issues including issues arising with insurer appointed attorneys, salvage, and the carriage of goods by sea.