Ashley E. Bane joined Fowler Rodriguez in January 2016 as an associate in the firm’s New Orleans office. Her practice focuses primarily on admiralty and maritime matters. She attended Tulane University for both her undergraduate and law degrees, receiving a B.A. in Classical Studies from Newcomb College in 2003 and a J.D., cum laude, with a Maritime Law Certificate, in 2014. Prior to joining Fowler Rodriguez, Ms. Bane worked as an Associate at Burleson LLP, an insurance defense firm.
During law school, Ms. Bane was the Senior Managing Editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal and she received the Martin Davies Award (2014) and the A.N. Yiannopoulous Award (2013). She also worked as a research assistant to Professor Robert Force.
Ms. Bane is a member of the Tulane Inn of Court and the American Bar Association. She was admitted to the Louisiana Bar in 2014.
Bars & Courts:
- Louisiana, 2014
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- B.A., Newcomb College, Tulane University - 2003
- J.D., cum laude, Tulane University Law School - 2014
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tulane Inn of Court
- Pirates Without Treasure: The Fourth Circuit Declares That Robbery Is Not an Essential Element of General Piracy, 37 Tul. Mar. L.J. 615 (2013)