T. Gregory Serwich, II
Download PDF version of bio
400 Poydras Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Direct Line: (815) 776-9355
Telephone: (504) 523-2600
Fax: (504) 523-2705
Mr. Serwich is Of Counsel in the firm’s New Orleans office. After serving sixteen years on active duty in the Navy, he was a marine engineer at Avondale Shipyards for one year before enrolling in Tulane Law School. In addition to practicing six years as a litigator of maritime cases in New Orleans, he practiced seventeen years as in- house counsel at Amoco Corporation and BP America Inc. where he specialized in maritime legal matters, including collisions, charters (blue water and inland), oil spill response, towing, salvage, cargo loss and damage, general average, vessel sales, ship construction and repair, and Jones Act (coastwise trade) compliance. He has tried cases in Louisiana State Court, U.S. District Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals.
Born in New Orleans, Louisiana (1946); currently residing in Galena, Illinois. United States Navy (1963-1995): enlisted submarine reservist (3 years), U.S. Naval Academy midshipman (4 years), regular submarine line officer and nuclear engineer (10 years), reserve officer (15 years); retired with the rank of Captain, USNR.
Bars & Courts:
- Louisiana, 1984 • Illinois, 1990
- B.S., with distinction, United States Naval Academy, 1970
- S.M. (Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering) and O.E., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1974
- J.D., cum laude, Tulane Law School, 1984
- M.M. (a/k/a M.B.A.), Kellogg School of Management, 1997
- Maritime Law Association of the United States – Proctor Member